3.17.2015

Professional Practice and Engagement - Week 4

Using the Johari Window tool (http://kevan.org/johari) work out how I see myself and how others see me. And here is the result ...

I selected able, loving, proud, sensible, sentimental, and sympathetic. Many people see me as, able, loving, and sentimental, but not proud, sensible, and sympathetic. The big blind spots, or how most people see me as, are accepting, friendly, happy, intelligent, kind, nervous, silly, and wise. 

How others see me is quite similar to how I see myself, i think it's because I love to express my true self, especially when I'm with family and close friends.





















The attributes described in Johari Window exercise I see as keys to dealing with clients are able, accepting, and wise. Because to deal with clients I need to be able to deal with them on the objective of the project, to accept any kinds of the design brief, and to come up with the wise plan of budgeting and managing the process, in order to produce a successful outcome.

The attributes that are keys to dealing with colleagues could be loving, friendly, happy, and kind. Because to be friendly, to love, and to be kind with people around me, or people who I need to work with, is good thing. The colleagues and I can stay together comfortably. We can talk and discuss like friends and family. If I am happy, I can also make other happy because if there is one happy person in the atmosphere, it could lead the happy atmosphere. The working atmosphere will be good. If the atmosphere is good, everyone will be creative. "When collaborative is creative, the result usually are too," AIGA stated in A Client Guide to Design 2007.

To dealing with myself, I think I need to accept myself as who I am, because to accept and to know one's self will be the main attribute to use in dealing with self. Along as practicing and finding the way to calm myself, for example when I am too nervous. To love myself and know make myself happy are also the keys.

For me, key attributes to dealing with the boss is similar on how to deal with self, colleague, and clients. I need to accept the clients from the boss, make boss happy with me and my works, and be responsive and spontaneous, so that my boss can trust and happy to work with me.

Overall, this exercise reflects anythings that I may or may not recognize about myself. Somehow it makes me feel more confident and want to keep doing good works. I quite happy that some people know me well, and some even see some good things that I am surprise to see, such as helpful, patient, and trustworthy. Because many times, I just play around and act something silly.

Similiar to previous exercise, I think that I could be a good boss. Because I love to control and manage the overall image. I would love to be able to take care the colleagues seriously. I want to control and make the working atmosphere good and happy. I think I won't be happy if may things are out of control. Before that could happens, I think I also need to develop many parts of me. I think I need to control my nervousness, do silly stuff only in some occasion, be more confident, be more responsive, and always read and learn new things which could be useful in my future career as a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment